Dr. Christopher Knotts is a fellowship-trained plastic surgeon and partner at the Plastic Surgery Institute of New Mexico, where he joined founder Neil Chen, MD. Previously, Dr. Knotts was a partner at the Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery in the Washington DC area. During his seven years there, Dr. Knotts was voted Best Plastic Surgeon and his practice voted Best Plastic Surgery Practice multiple years in a row. He performed thousands of cosmetic operations in DC, with high-profile patients spanning from political elites to heads of industry.
Dr. Knotts is a native New Mexican, and after graduating first in his class as an undergraduate and completing medical school in New Mexico, he was accepted into one of the most competitive surgical programs in the country, an accelerated 5-year residency in plastic surgery. After completing training at the University of Oklahoma, Dr. Knotts completed one of a handful of accredited fellowship programs devoted to Cosmetic and Aesthetic Surgery at the Hunstad-Kortesis Center for Cosmetic Surgery in Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Knotts specializes purely in cosmetic surgery, including surgical refinement of the face, breast and body. His contributions to the specialty of plastic surgery have been
recognized in multiple book chapters, peer-reviewed journal articles, online education materials and speaking invitations across the country for national meetings and resident education.
Dr. Knotts is known as an expert surgeon, committed to the patient experience and maximum results, achieved in a safe and gentle fashion. His demeanor is described as passionate, thorough and caring. His most requested operations are liposuction with Brazilian butt lift, mommy makeover including breast augmentations and lifts as well as tummy tucks, facial rejuvenation including facelift and neck lift, and surgery after weight loss including body lifts, arm lifts, and thigh lifts. Dr. Knotts performs the gamut of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures in addition to his most requested.
Beyond his training and expertise in cosmetic surgery, Dr. Knotts takes interest in outdoors activities including backpacking and cycling, collecting mid-century modern furniture, and spending time with friends and family.
- Medical School: University of New Mexico
- Internship: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Fellowship: Cosmetic and Aesthetic Surgery: Hunstad-Kortesis Center for Cosmetic Surgery
- Specialty: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Aesthetic Sub-Specialty
- Other Degrees: BA in Journalism with Honors in Organic Chemistry, Highest Honors in College of Arts and Sciences
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons, former President
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Best Plastic Surgeon – Northern Virginia Magazine
- Best of DC – Top Plastic Surgeons – Washington City Paper
- Patients Choice Award – Vitals